Friday, November 12, 2021

What moves you?

 

                                                                -AK
What emotions spark when you see a particular photograph? 

                                     -Mystery of Love, Sufjan Stevens

Are there songs that make you pause, or dream, or feel something often hidden inside your core? 

                  -Amazon

What about that feeling when you turn the very last page of a book you haven't been able to put down? 

In other words, what moves you? 

I am constantly chasing times when I am able to fully be in the moment. It is a deep breath worth of clarity. It can last 5 or 10 seconds or it can last an hour. It is the feeling when you find a bit of space, and you are subconsciously giving yourself permission to pause for this simple moment. 

I am on a plane flying to California and I put on music when it has been too long since I have listened to a song. My senses awaken and I just start writing....furiously. I am sitting in a field with my sister in law and our newborns. The sun is shining and I am feeling a sense of peace float over me because we are just there, enjoying each other and our surroundings. I am finishing a yoga practice and I sit up after shavasana and my body is fully relaxed and clear because I have breathed and worked through the clutter. I am sitting at a table surrounded by friends and we are in the midst of a real conversation and I look around at my people filled with love. I am in the kitchen making dinner and a song comes on that begs me to dance...and I dance. 

Let me be clear. I believe these times are gifts and they do not come often. In fact, I can go weeks without one because I am running. Running. Running through life. Too stimulated. Too in my head. Too distracted by my phone. Too involved with anxiety and stress. Too wound up to find the necessary space to allow myself the grace. Too concerned with the world around me and inside me to take that single deep breath. To find the good. To feel. To just be. 

Time to put on Guillotine by Jon Bellion and let's get cooking!!! Today's recipe is one that is waiting for us to make at home tonight. My sister in law makes this and when I had it for the first time it just hit the spot - perfect bites and a perfect meal to make when the air is a bit more crisp. Do NOT ask me why the only online version I can find seems to be on the Hallmark Channel website? BUT.....anyways.............


Enjoy this day. Peace..........................


No comments: