Saturday, May 7, 2022

Me

I stare. I stare at a blank page. A clean slate. A new day. Music plays. Candle is lit. Coffee is in my mug. A mug that says Breathe. It is a mug that is not shaped like a typical mug. It is a reminder. A reminder that differences make us unique and yet we are all more similar than we realize sometimes. A reminder of my friend, Kim, who gave it to me. A reminder of my favorite store in Massachusetts. A reminder of how inspired I was whenever I walked into it, seeing the art around me. 

Yesterday I was reminded of something. Every single act of thoughtfulness and kindness matters. One gesture. It says so much. More than the person who offers the gesture even realizes and that fact makes it even more special I think.

My youngest daughter, Sage, is about to graduate high school. She goes to a small school. Tiny really. And smaller than it was when we arrived. But....it is special. I appreciate it even more so now that our time there is coming to a close. 

Lately, my senses are heightened, my emotions are running a little higher, I am in my head. I'm thinking more. And feeling more. And when a group of people extended themselves for the soccer team, it went straight to my heart. It warmed even the edges that are a bit frayed at times. It made me remember that one moment can affect us. It made me realize that we all have the power to change a moment. To change someone or a group. It is a lesson in humanity. In how kindness matters...always. 

Song to listen to: Record Player by Daisy the Great and AJR
Book to read: Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Show to watch:  The Staircase on HBO Max
Recipe to make: Tuna with Capers, Olives and Lemon

Easy recipe, tasty and perfect for a hot spring or summer evening. 


Choose kindness. Every gesture counts. Peace and love always. 

No comments: