Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Capture this moment and dance it out



It is a random Wednesday night after work. I am sitting in the kitchen at the island with a candle burning (as always), music playing (as always), iced tea by my side (as always). A glass of wine will soon replace my tea when I begin to cook dinner. Sage is home on a rare night so that she can work on college applications. She sits on the couch with her computer in front of a fire, even though it is 68 degrees outside. Kelley is in the office working. Chappy is lying in the bed that is too small for him next to me but he likes it anyway. 


I am thinking about when I cooked dinner the other night. It was not too different than tonight but no one was home except Chappy. Instead of music playing on my computer, I had it playing loudly through Sonos in the house. 

Sometimes, if I can just focus on my present surroundings it makes all or at least some of the stress of the day fall away. It provides space. When the world seems crazy and doesn't make sense, sometimes you just need to get back to basics. 

So when I start cooking, I almost always light a candle and set up my little space for cooking. It sets my mood and it relaxes me. Brings me to the present.

Fall into winter are soup seasons for me. I love soup. On Monday night I also made cheese quesadillas to go with the soup with the BEST tortillas out there. Click Here to learn more about Carmelo. I cannot say enough good things about these tortillas. We always have the avocado oil ones in the freezer because they are just THAT good. I also love supporting this small business. 

I started prepping the soup and was really enjoying the whole moment. 


Then, one of my favorite songs came on......and I took a little break......



Yep, I danced it out. 

Time to put on I Come Apart by A$AP Rocky, featuring Florence Welch and let's make a pot of soup, shall we?


You know what? This soup makes a great lunch too!!!


So this is a Barefoot Contessa recipe from her first book. Very easy and really hits the spot. 

Here is the link......Click Here for Lentil Soup

Have a great evening. Peace. 

No comments: