Thursday, July 6, 2023

perspective

 

-photo by G. Oshrin

I like to look up at the sky. Day or night. It's mesmerizing to me. I think that way about the ocean too. Vast, mysterious, enticing, exciting, scary, undiscovered, complex. Worlds I can only imagine but that provide depth to viewpoints, life. It makes me feel. 

Perspective. It is like standing amongst a mountain range. I am but one. I am but me. There is so much more out there than me. I am a speck. The world continues long after I am gone and it was long before I was here. It makes me appreciative for my short conscious time on this earth and it gives me anxiety at how quickly it all can be taken away. Carpe diem. Seize the day. Be present. 

"All I can be is me - whoever that is." - Bob Dylan

The sky is limitless. It transcends time. Never ending; it affects everything. Our moods. Our energy. Limitless wonder. It is all interconnected, related, relatable even. It is something we all share on earth. It binds. Doesn't separate. It just is. 

"There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep rolling under the stars." Jack Kerouac

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free; Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands; With all the memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves; Let me forget about today until tomorrow." Bob Dylan

Sometimes, I like sitting and just staring at the sky or out at the ocean. It may look like I am not doing anything but it is where the mind roams free and the dreams are large. There is no limit. There is no reality but it is real. It is quiet and it is movement. 

Today, take time to go outside and look up. If you are at the ocean, sit on the sand. Feel the sand between your toes and fingers. Look out. Look up. Don't just daydream. Dare to dream. 

Now, put on I Come Apart by A$AP Rocky (featuring Florence Welch) and let's make some tacos. They are actually incredible. Truly. 

Pulled Chicken Tacos (yes, from Instagram!)

Choose kindness. Every gesture counts. Peace and love always.

-Amy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m right there with you looking at the sky. ❤️